Wednesday, January 26, 2011

jan 26, 2011

today i planned to get up at a reasonable hour and get out of the house. i woke up at 9:30am and was out before 10:30am, so not too bad. i had to return some box thing to the cable company because i have apparently been paying $70 for this thing we don't use anymore every month since last september. i need to pay more attention to my bills, i guess. so the lady at the counter was very nice and she refunded all my $70 fees. i now have an almost $300 credit, so i don't have to pay this bill for quite a while! plus, i was eligible for a higher cable package for less than what i was paying for the next six months. cool!

then i went to the craft store to use my $100 gift card my friends gave me in thanks for taking care of their house for the past week. it sounds like a lot, but i earned every penny! i snowblowed their huge driveway, fed their fish, and even fixed their furnace! i was looking for perler beads, those plastic tube beads that you iron together to make animals and pictures and stuff. i found a tutorial on how to make the weighted companion cube from the video game 'portal' out of the perler beads. it looked so cute that i had to make my own! so i ended up finding a 22,000 piece tub of beads, along with a few pegboards. i used a 50% off coupon, so i got everything for under $17, which was less than the tub of beads cost on it's own. i love craft store coupons!

boyfriend went to work and i accidentally fell asleep on the couch with all of my birds out of their cages. whoops! luckily no fights broke out. later on i got a text from my friends inviting me out to dinner at the place down the street. it had started snowing, so they picked me up. i got the citrus chicken and a sweet potato, with sauteed mushrooms and a salad. yum! i took half of it home for tomorrow. it was nice to get out of the empty house for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment